SASS Wire Forum

Internet platforms and anti-gun bias

Sedalia Dave

Well, I hate to point out the obvious, but it IS their platform. They are free to run it as they please.

Kinda like when the SASS moderators told me I couldn't bitch about being cheated on the SASS wire. 

Didn't seem right to me, but it's THEIR site to run as they please.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:32 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Starting to look a lot like a few CEOs are using their Companies to nullify the First and Second Amendments

It is as if these companies now have a playbook.

YouTube Cracks Down: All Gun Content Is Now Fair Game For Removal

"as if"

Today's Suggested Reading:

Memo reveals Soros-funded social-media censorship plan Plotted with Google, Facebook to eliminate 'right wing propaganda'

Excerpt

A confidential, 49-page memo for defeating Trump by working with the major social-media platforms to eliminate “right wing propaganda and fake news” was presented in January 2017  by Media Matters founder David Brock at a retreat in Florida with about 100 donors, the Washington Free Beacon reported at the time.

a Word of Caution: look for additional information, don't get caught with fake news

the referenced essay ( Source World Net Daily ) provides references to additional sources.

also, I recommend The Smear (Sharyl Attkisson)

pickup this name, and watch for it: David Brock (Media Matters)

it would appear that David Horowitz is out of the woods, at least for now, but other sources such as WND, Canada Free Press (CFP) -- have posted notes concerning the issue

David Horowitz Freedom Center Declares Victory Over Censorship Attempt ...And calls for a coalition across party and ideological lines to defend free speech

I know this is supposed to be a "Single Issue" site, and we are to avoid getting into any kind of political broughaha.

It is, and has been my feeling that Freedom rests on five main ideas:

• The Chalk Box: Education
  • The Soap Box: Freedom of Speech
  • the Jury Box: the right of everyone to a speedy public trial
  • the Ballot Box: the right of The People to select their own government;
  • the Bullet Box: no explanation needed except that it's absolutely the last resort.

so, anyway, I'm risking my hide here with this post,   but,  as Snowden said:

"If you sacrifice your values because you're afraid, you don't care about those values very much."

15 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Well, I hate to point out the obvious, but it IS their platform. They are free to run it as they please.

Kinda like when the SASS moderators told me I couldn't bitch about being cheated on the SASS wire. 

Didn't seem right to me, but it's THEIR site to run as they please.

absolutely true

I hope somehow we manage to get Broadband and related ISP services classified as a Title II Public Utility.    It would seem to me that under as a Title II Public Utility Freedom of Speech would then be protected, at least at the network level.

I run my own website; it's strictly an amateur/small potatoes thing, -- but hey: that's how Grass Roots works.

These united States are owned by We, the People

not by the administrative state.

I'm not normally stunned when I read of corruption

but this one -- is over the limit

the tweet is so poisonous I refuse to re-type it.   Instead I'll just post the link

Twitter: The guy who threatened the lives of Dana Loesch's children didn't violate any rules

the only reason I degrade myself to even reference this pc of trash is that I'm afraid it's important for all of us to recognize the magnitude of the schism that we have in our country

For those that have forgotten. Congress passed a law preventing the gun control low lifes from litigating the firearms industry out of business.

We may need another law to prevent the banking industry from doing virtually the same thing.

But another threat looms, one that can stretch across the entire American landscape, is immune to the filibuster, and is largely sheltered from judicial review. It’s a threat that can choke off financing for the gun industry, stifle speech about guns, and lock the gun-rights community into offline (and small online) ghettos that restrict their ability to communicate.

So, what’s happening? Titans of American banking and communication are taking steps to restrict the use of their funds or platforms by gun makers, gun-rights advocates, and others. The threat is just now emerging, but it may be as great a danger to gun rights as it is to the culture of free speech in this nation, and indeed the two are linked.

Let’s keep in mind that these actions represent not the culmination of a gun-control campaign but the front edge of a wave of corporate censorship and suppression. As I’ve written before, in an age of online outrage, you can find angry mobs on both sides of virtually any issue, so in almost every case it’s the internal mob that matters. Tech executives at giant multinational companies care more about the opinions of their peers and colleagues than they care about any given Twitter trend or news cycle. When companies reach a certain size, the ability of angry conservatives to affect the market is limited. After all, Facebook’s main competitor is arguably Instagram, and Facebook owns Instagram.

Earlier today I spoke at length to the Washington Free Beacon’s Stephen Gutowski, perhaps the Internet’s best one-stop journalistic shop not just for technical expertise on firearms but also for national trends in gun control. He’s been diligently covering the recent trend of increasing corporate restrictions. He noted that the corporate actions have been “more aggressive than what we’ve seen with Alex Jones,” with a fraction of the attention.

We all know what RICO stands for.

from a movie I saw someplace

dats a mighty pretty daughter ya got there it'd be a real shame if somethin was ta happen ta her

defending our rights is going to become more and more difficult as we are dealing with opposition which doesn't care what dey do.   Threatening families ain't cool.  It's what the mobsters in a RICO organization do.

Archived