SASS Wire Forum

Election Security...

if you're interested in what a Cyber Attack can do, ....

The Untold Story of NotPetya, the Most Devastating Cyberattack in History

Crippled ports. Paralyzed corporations. Frozen government agencies. How a single piece of code crashed the world.

The Untold Story of NotPetya, the Most Devastating Cyberattack in History

story is pub. in Wired but reference from Bruce Schneier

I'm one of those who would prefer to continue to use paper ballots, manually counted by a bi-partisan group of counters.

I do not think our election process ' should be venerable to any kind of attack that would circumvent the wishes of the people.

In my view, the only real reason for electronic balloting has more to do with the MSM's desire for a quick answer in the news cycle.

I would rather wait for a day or two for an accurate manual count than some potentially bogus return. 

11 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'm one of those who would prefer to continue to use paper ballots, manually counted by a bi-partisan group of counters.

I do not think our election process ' should be venerable to any kind of attack that would circumvent the wishes of the people.

In my view, the only real reason for electronic balloting has more to do with the MSM's desire for a quick answer in the news cycle.

I would rather wait for a day or two for an accurate manual count than some potentially bogus return. 

there are going to be error in a manual count

what's needed is a good audit process

the audit will require paper ballots -- as -- in order to do the audit -- a sample has to be counted manually and the sample re-checked in the vote count machine

if there is a virus in the vote machine: it will be in-operative prior to election day, and -- will erase itself after the election

also critical are voter ID cards to check against the Pct. roster -- and control of the ballots themselves.   this, to prevent "stuffing the ballot box".    you don't want some crowd of goons to show up in rented busses announcing "we're here to vote! we just got through in Pct. 1 now were here for Pct. 2 !! "

Archived