SASS Wire Forum

Non sass help needed on best way to remove ruger mark 3 extractor

Blackey Cole

I'm up grading my ruger mk iii 22/45 with a Tandemkross high proformance kit umm having. Problems removing the extractor to replace it.  What have you. Found was the best way to remove. It?

Log I'm not having any luck doing it their way the vice is a nice ideal. In the second video I don't have that bolt with a paper chip in it.  I'll keep stabbing my fingers

update:

I tried it again and musta held mouth right got the extractor replaced now awaiting parts the piece I lost the metal strip piece of the firing pin spring, new tandemkross victory trigger, new house wrap at;outdoor grips and eventually I file for the tax stamp for the ruger silencer I bought .

Blackey, here is the run-down on all of the work I did on my Ruger MKIII Competition.

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-rimfires/50769-mkiii-how-do-all-volquartsen-upgrades-remove-lci-magazine-safety.html#post600858

About half way down in the post is a paragraph about installing the firing pin and extractor along with a link http://guntalk-online.com/detailstrip.htm#bolt

Hope this helps.  I did it well over a year ago and I still remember "fighting" with that #$@! extractor.  Felt like I needed three hands and monkey to hold a flashlight while trying to poke butter up a wild cat's butt with a red hot poker.  Lots of swear words, lots of tries and failures, but I finally got 'er done. :rolleyes:

As you will see, I used all Volquartsen parts, not Tandemkross.  I wasn't even aware of Tandemkross until just now.  I googled them up, and their kit doesn't include a new trigger, etc.  I'm here to tell you that Volquartsen trigger is SWEET!

Archived