SASS Wire Forum

Books on western history, artists, Indians, lore for sale

Hellgate #3302 L

Most are hardbound, some paperback as stated. Prices include shipping. They will be sent media rate (which costs around $3-$5 per book depending on size).

Hardbound books-

TRAILS PLOWED UNDER by Charlie Russell: Western stories collected by the famous Montana western artist. $18 (SPF)

LONG DAY'S JOURNEY-THE STEAMBOAT & STAGECOACH ERA IN THE NORTHERN WEST by Carlos Schwantes: a history of the NW stage & riverboat lines. $8 (SPF)

THE BLACK WEST by William Katz: Black American's roll in settling of th ewest like Jim Beckworth (mountain man), Bill Pickett (cowboy inventor of bulldogging), Isom Dart, etc. $23 (SPF)

THE WEST AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY by Geoffrey Ward: lots of photos for great ideas for period outfits. $25 (SPF)

PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN INDIAN by Oliver LaFarge $8 (SPF)

WHOOP-UP COUNTRY by Paul Sharp: a history of the Whoop-Up Trail from Ft. Benton, Montana north into Canada used by freighters and whiskey traders. $8 (SPF)

ARTISTS OF THE OLD WEST by John Ewers: from old etchings to Carlin to Russell. $8 (SPF)

Paperbacks-

FREDERICK REMINGTON by Peter Hassrick: a compilation of Remington paintings, drawings and bronzes. $13 (SPF)

TOUGH TRIP THROUGH PARADISE by Andrew Garcia: autobiography of an Montana pioneer, "squaw man", trapper. $5 (SPF)

MY LIFE AS AN INDIAN by J. W. Schultz $5 (SPF)

AN ARROW INTO THE EARTH - GEN. JOEL PALMER AND THE INDIANS OF OREGON by Terence O'Donnel $5

THE INDIAN HOW BOOK by Arthur Parker: how the Indians did everything & made stuff. $5 (SPF)

I will take;
TRAILS PLOWED UNDER by Charlie Russell
FREDERICK REMINGTON by Peter Hassrick
ARTISTS OF THE OLD WEST by John Ewers

You can send me a pm about who to make the check out to and where to send it.

THE INDIAN HOW BOOK by Arthur Parker: how the Indians did everything & made stuff. $5

I'll take this, please.

Archived