SASS Wire Forum

SOLD to Hans C

Rootin Tootin

I have a OM Vaquero Bisley 38/357 .........5 1/2 inch barrel that was a backup to a pair I used as a Sr Duelest.. It has a Slick front site and a lightened hammer spring. Otherwise it is totally stock.. Good bluing no holster wear with the normal ruger ring and good CC frame.

Low round count............$580 plus shipping

Would consider trade for 4 5/8 OM Vaquero Blued 38/357 or 4 5/8 OM Blued Bisley in 38/357

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj503/prlucky299/2215f1ec-4694-467c-b033-90adca63a87f_zpsaeb17e54.jpg

http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/prlucky299/media/bdf234e2-0c97-4a8e-9c93-c12aee20570d_zps675598c1.jpg.html

I believe the new model Bisley gun is smaller frame than OM frame and the New Model is only available as a SS........

Is the grip on the bisley just longer or is it wider/narrower? Never held one, but like the feel of orig vaq over new vaq.

Thanks for your interest MB.....The grip frame on the Bisley is the same width as the old model Vaquero, but it has a different downward angle than the plow handle, as you can see in the pictures.......It also makes one handed shooting easier because it has a lower hammer spur and your hand will ride a little higher on the grip frame..............I hope that helps..,.RT

Kidd, no I'm sorry but I have all the leather I need.........Really need the OM Blued Vaquero or Blued Bisley in 4 5/8 and 357.........Good Luck RT

How do you like the grip compared to plow handle? Seriously considering this but unsure how bisley feels in hand.

MB I started with plow handles but preferred Bisley. It gave me more stability shooting one handed as a Duelist. BUT.......Everybody is different. Only you can be the judge. Try checking around with local gun shops to see if they have one in inventory or check with some of your shooting buddies to get a feel.......... I only own Bisley pistols as my main match guns for control as a one handed shooter with medium sized hands........Regards.......RT

MB just sent you another response under your request for OM Vaquero's post..........I am selling the match set to this backup as well.............Identical in appearance but fully slicked up and really smooth and fast........I prefer 4 5/8 so these need to go as well............RT

Archived