SASS Wire Forum

Call, Write, and Email Gov. Brown

Subdeacon Joe

Ask that he veto:

• SB 808 (de Leon): Criminalization of home-built firearms; ban on the sale or transfer of home-built firearms
  • AB 1014 (Skinner): Creates “Gun Violence Restraining Orders” and “firearm seizure warrants”
  • AB 1609 (Alejo): New crimes for firearms importation, requires 10-day wait and DROS for imported firearms by dual-residents
  • SB 199 (de Leon): Redefines BB guns/imitation firearms and adds new manufacturing requirement

Otherwise they will become law.

If nothing else, use the quick form here: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/california/governor-brown-veto-gun-control/

although personal, individual emails carry more weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Ask that he veto:

• SB 808 (de Leon): Criminalization of home-built firearms; ban on the sale or transfer of home-built firearms
  • AB 1014 (Skinner): Creates “Gun Violence Restraining Orders” and “firearm seizure warrants”
  • AB 1609 (Alejo): New crimes for firearms importation, requires 10-day wait and DROS for imported firearms by dual-residents
  • SB 199 (de Leon): Redefines BB guns/imitation firearms and adds new manufacturing requirement

Otherwise they will become law.

If nothing else, use the quick form here: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/california/governor-brown-veto-gun-control/

although personal, individual emails carry more weight.

Back to the top again.

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

sent my daily emails..... I suspect we will see some action today since past year he finished the gun bills the Friday before the end of the term.... or maybe saturday. He won't wait till the bitter end....

JJJ-D

OK, nothing today... only three days for him VETO the bills or they become law!

Remember he does NOT have to sign them for us to lose!

JJJ-D

CA on 09/30/2014

Last day for Governor to sign or veto bills passed by the Legislature before Sept. 1 and in the Governor's possession on or after Sept. 1 (Art. IV, Sec. 10(B)(2)).

Today and tomorrow for him to veto, or they automatically become law.

Today is it for "Moonbeam" to VETO these bills.....

I sent my emails and made calls, I am afraid he will do nothing and let them become law.

What a sad state of affairs......

Guess we all hafta decide if we want to be good minions or rebels....

JJJ-D

Archived