SASS Wire Forum

EOT engravers?

levi littleton

Likely reaching here but wondered if anyone could identify an engraver that use to work EOT and is likely no longer with us.

Looking for a gentleman that engraved and took in work @ EOT consistently from '97 to 2000.

Recently bought a pair of guns that "he" engraved but owner couldn't remember engraver's name. Back strap, cylinder and ejector rod housing are done up nicely. Appreciate a name or a list of names that might have done the work in those time frames.

I'd guess there are a few here that own similar work.

Thought some pictures might help. Appreciate any info or suggestions you might have on the artist.

DSC03971.JPG

DSC03978.JPG

Thanks for the help. I was able to track down the engraver.

icon1.gifIn Memorial: Master Gun Engraver Frank Lehman SASS #151
"I just found out gun engraver/gunsmith Frank Lehman died six weeks ago. He might not be well known but he was a very prolific engraver specializing in Colts mostly. "
Frank Walter Leaman, Jr.
Born: April 06, 1944
Died: September 25, 2010
vet_ffffff.gifFrank Walter Leaman Jr. died Saturday September 25,2010 at Sutter General Hospital after a two and a half year battle with leukemia.
Frank was born on April 6, 1944 in Wadsworth Ohio to Frank and Eleanor Leaman. He moved to Nevada in the1960's where he worked on the Hoover Dam. From there he moved to the bay area until 1980 when he moved to Calaveras where he resided until just before his death.
Frank enjoyed working with guns he spent most of his life either gunsmithing or engraving guns. He was involved in SASS (Single Action Shooter Society). He also enjoyed panning for gold and was a member of the GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America).

Archived