SASS Wire Forum

Good fortune Sat evening

Train Robber 13659

Went out to look at some vintage Lionel to buy and bought the trains and as always asked if they had any old guns or gun related

items . Little ole lady says yeah we have a 41 Colt ! She agrees to show it to me. I ask might I make you an offer. I get to go home

with the trains and the Colt plus two boxes of once fired Western brass. A first gen Colt with a replacement cylinder..likely a Christies

and an undersized base pin no finish but all edges and markings are sharp! The trains were well used but the Colt sure made the

day !! Glad I had an extra 1k in cash along :-)

The Colts are still out there.

Train Robber

All Lionel trains . a 2020,2023,622,and 2056 engines plus a dozen or so frieght cars . Poor condition in todays market they

are low end runners or for restoration.Did get the Sheriff and Outlaw car though . We'll add that one to the around the tree

set as my wife likes them . She really enjoys the Giraffe cars as they duck the telltails:-) Two of our five kitties always come

over and watch the train whenever I run it . The're packed back up till next Christmas now.

T.R.

How come I never have that kind of luck? "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..."

Congratulations on the finds.

Archived