SASS Wire Forum

Thoughts on Tactics

StirrupTrouble

I think it is safe to say that everyone here is as staunch of a second amendment supporter as I am, but I have been struggling with how to reach out to people outside of our group. Over the last year or so, I have been rethinking my methods since we have been under attack relentlessly by those in power.

From talking to people over the years, it seems as though we have three camps: very anti, very pro, and ambivalent. Most seem to fall in the ambivalent category, and they are the ones I want to reach. Since the media is so successful in scaring people, I try to show them that this is a civil rights issue, and that it is the key that holds the rest of the bill of rights together. When I take that approach, I seem to have the most success with the ambivalents. Another thing that is helpful is to invite them to the range and give them some trigger time, even if it is just with a .22. Most either never grew up around guns, or haven't touched one since they were young. The more we can do the take out the "scary," the easier our case is to make.

I am not the best spoken guy, but just wanted to pass on my thoughts. I am sure someone else could say it much better, because even if we only get one person to the range for the day, they talk to other people, and we may get some help from unexpected regions.

Yours is the approach that I find most helpful. My point is that we need to defend the currently most attacked and unpopular amendment in order to protect the rest. I liken it to tee point that if one brick is removed from our fortress of liberty, how long wiull it take to demolish it brick by brick.

Archived