SASS Wire Forum

special screw size

Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943

I'm trying to install a sling on my old 22 hornet to make it easier for my daughter in law to carry it for javelina. problem is that the stud/screw holding the forestock to the barrel is an oval head 1/4"-32 which I guess makes it UNEF. I can't find a swivel set up made for it so I modified an old swivel I had but the existing screw isn't long enough and I can't find a 1/4" - 32 anywhere. needs to be an inch long or thereabouts. HELP!!

Boy did I just get lucky!! - no not that way, get your minds out of the gutter. I was looking on Numrich for the screw and of course the one they have is the same as what is on the stock now and too short for attaching the swivel. But, I happened to notice that the schematic showed that the recoil screw looked very similar to the one I need but longer - also what I need. So I pulled the rifle out of the safe and pulled the recoil screw. Yahoo! it fits perfectly in the stock attachment stud and is the right length for attaching the sling swivel. I ordered two - I usually drop one and can't find it or dick it up someway.

Howdy Charlie:

I have been looking and maybe I have what you want and it's yours if you want it. I can take a photo of it and send it to you if you give me your e-mail address.

Call me: (623)693-3424 or

jgp3749@cox,net

Jackrabbit

Peoria, Az

ok Charlie photo will follow this to your e-mail LET ME KNOW.

Ok on their way:

Archived