SASS Wire Forum

Whirling Dervish 27 - Bigfork Buscaderos 0

We managed to get some shooting in between rain showers. We didn't finish the match but did shoot the Whirling Dervish so that those who had driven a long distance just to take it on would not be disappointed.

It was shot a total of 14 times with no one cleaning the target in ten shots.

Combined with last months shooters that makes the score Whirling Dervish 27 - Bigfork Buscaderos 0.

One shooter gave me the compliment of being the most devious person he had ever met.

For those of you who haven't seen the videos of the Whirling Dervish in action visit our website.

http://www.bigforkbuscaderos.com/

Sage Creek Gus

I don't think there is enough ammo in the world for me to clean that thing of all 10 plates.

Have you ever thought of using it for a posse shoot? Whole posse lines up, one person takes the first shot to get it started, then the rest of the posse chimes in.

I don't think there is enough ammo in the world for me to clean that thing of all 10 plates.

Have you ever thought of using it for a posse shoot? Whole posse lines up, one person takes the first shot to get it started, then the rest of the posse chimes in.

I'm always trying to think of different ways to shoot this target. I've only had it working for two shoots so I'm sure I'll come up with more ideas. This time we shot it first with the rifle, when that was empty we had the shooter move closer and finish up with the handguns. We only count targets left on the Whirling Dervish as misses if they are still on after the rifle and handguns are done. Just missing a target does not count as a miss.

Most shooters end up with two or three targets left after shooting their ten rounds from the rifle. So in this match most shooter did "clean" the target, just not with ten rounds.

This is not the only moving, difficult to hit, target we have. In all cases we only count targets left as misses.

I like your idea. I could see a competition between teams of shooters.

Sage Creek Gus

Archived