Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranger Clayton Conagher #43872

Could use some New York State help

Recommended Posts

I have a Canadian cowboy who wants to come shoot with us in New York. He has completed his ATF application and is expected to pass.


He however made the mistake of calling the NYS Troopers. A Trooper Detective is telling him that he needs to mail or fedX his revolvers to a member of our club that has an FFL license. Nobody in my club has one of them.


Does anyone know if this is true? I don't have a much info on this aspect of the new SAFE Act. He really wants to shoot with us and has even bought a membership with our home range gun club.


I would appreciate an help you can share.

Share this post

Link to post

I'd post this on the SASS Wire section, you'll probably get better answers there.


I am inclined to think the NY State Police are wrong, but don't have anything definitive to point to.

Share this post

Link to post
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.