SASS Wire Forum

Anyone experiencing wait time for NMV from Ruger?

RHL

Hi everyone. I ordered a polished SS NMV with the Montado style hammer from Long Hunter and it has been several months now. When I called LH they said it would take about 6 weeks to get the gun from Ruger but I'm at double that now.

I'm not in a super hurry for the gun but in CA I can only have one hand gun in the process in a given month and I'm missing out on buying some other guns while in limbo for the NMV. Murphy's law will catch me as soon as I buy the next gun that I need and I'll get another nasty-gram from the DOJ.

Thanks,

The pinkster (Rosado Hombre Lobo)

It is very difficult to get anything from Ruger right now. A dealer friend of mine is on the Ruger factory program to get guns, but still has difficulty getting any guns from, he is to the point of accepting anything they will send him. I know this is not much help but just for info purposes

Thanks Jake. I just popped in to one of the local dealers and they confirmed that it isn't just the semi autos that are hard to get. Wheel guns, while not as popular as SA, are being affected by the demand these days.

Reminds me of the list I was on in the 90's to get a Harley.

Thanks for the info Bill.

I'm just needing the one Vaq, a .357 with the 5.5" barrel. The SASS in .357 has a 4.62" barrel.

Archived