SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Individual Action List

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Below is a list of suggested actions an individual can take in support of our pro-gun fight. This list is certainly not all inclusive as no one person has a monopoly on the good idea market so I invite Team SASS to add to it. Hopefully, the compiled result will be something from which we can all benefit.

In all these actions, always be polite but demonstrate firm conviction in your beliefs and position.

Continually contact your Representatives, Senators, mayors, councilmen and commissioners at the national, state and local level via letter, email, fax and phone. Be polite but firm. Let them know we are resolutely dedicated to our beliefs and are a No Compromise outfit when it comes to the Second Amendment.

As much as possible, keep yourself informed on what your political leaders are doing and the legislation they are working on--the internet is the best source of current information in this regard.

Never compromise your principles; never surrender and never back down no matter how long or difficult the trail or seemingly unrewarding the task at hand.

Withhold donations to and work against those who are not stanch supporters of gun rights and let them know why. Conversely, donate to and support those who by their actions have proven themselves worthy of your support and let them know why. Letting politicians know the reason behind your action is important.

A corollary to the above is a rule I learned early on and have applied since I was in High School:
Always ignore what politicians say rather watch what they do and then judge them by the proven fruits of their labor.

Support businesses that support our cause and as much as possible don’t support those who do not…and again, let them know why.

Support gun organizations with whom you feel comfortable. Donate, volunteer and promote the cause.

Urge gun organizations to combine and coordinate their efforts in order to be as powerfully effective as possible and as large a unified group as possible.

Enthusiastically participate in rallies and other pro-gun activities and invite others to attend with you.

Contact your local and national media to express your views by phone, letter, email and fax. Don’t
be shy about writing letters to the editor for publication
. Yes, this writing activity has gotten me into
more trouble over the years with more anti-constitutionalists than I can count but ask me how much I cared about their feelings compared to my concern for America and our Constitution.

Talk with and educate your family and friends as to the critical importance of the Second Amendment stressing that it wasn’t written to protect the right to hunt. When talking to those who revert to the old argument that you don’t need this or that type of firearm, remind them we are speaking about the Bill of Rights not a Bill of Needs. Urge them to get as involved as you are.

Raise your children and grandchildren with a sound knowledge of and a healthy respect for the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Heaven knows they’re not getting any of that in most schools these days!

Get to know the Founders--become loyal members of their "fan club." They were tremendous men!

Share information and then act on that information. Forums such as Team SASS are invaluable in this regard. I’m very proud of the way you all have conducted yourselves and the actions you’ve taken as members of Team SASS.

Please add your personal ideas to this list. The sharing of good ideas and group support is just as important as the sharing of current information.

Soldier on, remain resolute and keep America in your daily prayers!

Here's another one for you, Colonel:

Become politically active.

You don't have to run for office to make a difference.

Go your your favorite local HQ and ask what you can do to help.

Your arm will probably get tired from shaking other overworked volunteers hands.

A few may break down and cry that someone else is actually there to help.

BTW this doesn't seem to be an issue in the Blue HQ.

They seem to have PLENTY of volunteers.

So all the more reason to get involved.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Archived