SASS Wire Forum

WTB buttstock for '73

Noah Cash

Lookin to buy a butt stock for the wifes '73 rifle so we can cut the length of pull down to fit her, and keep the current stock as well for possible resale value.

Any one out there got a but stock with the curved pistol grip that they can turn loose of?

'ppreciate it.

I was in the same boat as you awhile back. My wife had decided to shoot, and she wanted to use my deluxe 73 with the pistol grip. I didn't want to cut the original, so I bought an unfinished one from Numrich (a finished one was well over $300). When they say unfinished, they're not kidding. I took care of all the fitting, sanding, staining, and multiple coats of hand-rubbed oil finish. Then I added a leather buttcover, with a rough-out rear piece for some extra grip. There is no checkering, but it never seemed to bother her.

After several matches, she decided that shooting just wasn't for her. I was proud of her for giving it a try, just wasn't her thing.

Anyway, I still have the stock w/ leather butt cover. I'd let it go for $150 shipped. Let me know if you're interested...or give Numrich a call. Maybe you'll have more luck than I did finding a factory one that someone is done with. Good luck, whichever way you go!

Archived