SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger

Hoss

Just got my new stoeger coach gun. Broke it down now can't get it back together. I may have messed up as I pulled the triggers with the barrel off, ( dont ask why, seemed like the thing to do

at thet ime) could this be causing my problem? Any advice appreciated.

You are going to need to manually cock the cocking levers in order to re assemble the gun. The cocking levers are the two little floppy levers sticking out under the hinge. You need to push each of them down until they click then just put the barrels back on.

You are going to need to manually cock the cocking levers in order to re assemble the gun. The cocking levers are the two little floppy levers sticking out under the hinge. You need to push each of them down until they click then just put the barrels back on.

It was a tie but you typed a longer answer so you win. Both 8:03 PM at my time zone.

I've been trying to do just that. They are very stiff

. Is there a trick?

I've been trying to do just that. They are very stiff

. Is there a trick?

Got it, many thanks!

Just got my new stoeger coach gun. Broke it down now can't get it back together. I may have messed up as I pulled the triggers with the barrel off, ( dont ask why, seemed like the thing to do

at thet ime) could this be causing my problem? Any advice appreciated.

Take note of the 2 cocking levers at the front of the receiver. They are used to push the cocking rods back to reset the hammers. Place the receiver on a padded surface with the opening lever facing up, the normal position when you are shooting. Hold the receiver with one hand, push each cocking lever down with a block of wood until you hear the " Click " of the hamer being reset. Whenever you re-assemble the gun you need to make sure the cocking levers are in the " Down " position i.e. towards the bottom of the receiver. Otherwise the forend won't go on. Yours. Nota John

Archived