SASS Wire Forum

Mass Shootings

This guy took a look at some of the more notorious events of the past few years ... http://dailyanarchist.com/2012/07/31/auditing-shooting-rampage-statistics/

Here's the core statistics:

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.3

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.3.

The average response time to a 911 call is 8 to 24 minutes ... unless you live in Detroit, where the average is the next day.

Most criminal encounters last about 90 seconds.

You can be really beaten, raped, or dead while waiting for the cops to show up in the intervening 6 to 22 minutes.

Just some fodder for the next time some anti-gun boob starts gassing off about how citizens shouldn't have guns.

While I can find no fault with your statistics, or conclusions, I truly do not believe that any argument will sway an anti gun advocate.

For the most part, they have a built in fear of firearms and are not proficent with, nor knowledgeable about them.

Therefore anything that you say in way of a discussion will be lost in a morass of emotional response.

While I can find no fault with your statistics, or conclusions, I truly do not believe that any argument will sway an anti gun advocate.

For the most part, they have a built in fear of firearms and are not proficent with, nor knowledgeable about them.

Therefore anything that you say in way of a discussion will be lost in a morass of emotional response.

Yea but that doesn't mean ya can't keep trying! One at a time we can change some. I have personally changed a few and now they shoot!

DONT GIVE UP THE GOOD FIGHT!

Archived