SASS Wire Forum

Mossberg Palimino?

Buckshot Frank

I almost bought a Mossberg Palimino .22lr at a gun show yesterday. Not knowing anything about them, I passed on the deal. I've been kind of kicking myself since. I still might be able to catch him at the next show. Anybody know anything about them? Would it make a good buckeroo rifle?

I did notice that Lil Sixgun Slade was eyeing my guns the other day. You better get him his pretty soon! :lol:

JEL

I did notice that Lil Sixgun Slade was eyeing my guns the other day. You better get him his pretty soon! :lol:

JEL

Yeah- I know... It's never to early to start buying his gear.

Of course, I'd have to cut the stock down quite a bit to fit him. :lol:

It doesn't look like it has an exposed hammer, so I don't think it would legal to use in a match. Looks like it would be a fun plinker though.

It's probably a good thing that I didn't buy it then. It looked like a nice gun. Oh well, Slade will be so upset.

Frank, Mossberg doesn't show them on their website so they probably have ceased production of them. Get your son a Henry youth model http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-lever-youth.cfm When he outgrows it you can get an adult size replacement stock so you and he can enjoy many years of shooting together. The action of the Henrys are as smooth as melted butter on a sheet of glass.

If you want you can step up to the Golden Boy and put a youth stock on it. You won't regret it.

Frank, Mossberg doesn't show them on their website so they probably have ceased production of them. Get your son a Henry youth model http://www.henryrepe...lever-youth.cfm When he outgrows it you can get an adult size replacement stock so you and he can enjoy many years of shooting together. The action of the Henrys are as smooth as melted butter on a sheet of glass.

If you want you can step up to the Golden Boy and put a youth stock on it. You won't regret it.

I have a Henry H001 youth myself (although I'm far from a youth). I carry it on trapline , and squirrel hunting, as it is smaller and lighter than the regular version. The stock length difference between the full size and the youth is only one inch, and it actually looks more properly scaled in the youth version. AMAZINGLY smooth lever action, and very accurate. I HIGHLY recommend Henry .22s. I've seen some used Henrys in really great shape in the $200-$240 range at local gun stores from time to time, so they're good price-wise as well, even a brand new one is usually under $300 actual retail.

Frank, Mossberg doesn't show them on their website so they probably have ceased production of them. Get your son a Henry youth model http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-lever-youth.cfm When he outgrows it you can get an adult size replacement stock so you and he can enjoy many years of shooting together. The action of the Henrys are as smooth as melted butter on a sheet of glass.

Mossberg made them from 1959-61, so you probably won't find it on their website ;) .

I'll probably end up going with the Henry Youth model. It gets great reviews- even on this board where people hate Henrys. I still have a long time before Slade will need it, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for good deals.

Archived