SASS Wire Forum

"Hell, I Was There!" - Elmer Keith - book for sale - SOLD

Howdy, have a nice book for sale.

"Hell, I Was There!"

by Elmer Keith

"The acknowledged dean of American gun writers, Elmer Keith tells his own life story in this new, revised and expanded edition. One of the last of a vanishing breed of men who were there when the American frontier was laid to rest, Keith writes vividly of his experiences in a West that is no more.

Throughout his days as a cowboy, broncbuster, hunting guide and rancher, Elmer Keith maintained an abiding and active interest in firearms that led to his writing hundreds of articles and several books on the subject over a period of more than 50 years.

Although firearms are a part of this book as they have been a part of Elmer Keith's life, Hell, I Was There! is not a gun book. It is a book about fascinating people of a bygone era; about animals, both wild, and tame; and about a rugged life in the great outdoors - as seen through the eyes of a man who was really there!

The recipient of the first Outstanding Handgunner of the Year Award, Keith is presently Executive Editor of Guns & Ammo Magazine.

Let Elmer Keith take you along as he rides wild broncs, hunts big game from Alaska to Africa, or follows a frozen trail in the dead of a Montana Winter.

Read Keith's own story of his role in developing the .41 and .44 Magnum revolvers, his work for the Army during World War II, his shooting days as old Camp Perry, and much, much more.

Hell, I Was There! - the life story of Elmer Keith is a truly remarkable book by an even more remarkable man."

copyright 1979

8 3/4" x 11 1/4" tall

308 pages

book is in near excellent condition

dust jacket is also good with acouple of chips and shelf wear

clear mylar jacket protector

SOLD

$55.00 shipped to you (media rate) in the U.S.A.

If you are interested or need more info. please post here on the wire.

Thanks for look'n.

Archived