SASS Wire Forum

I need some wrist cuffs...roping cuffs..what ever ya call em

sarbuck

Buck walked through the batwings slow and easy. He glanced around the Saloon (ACS)and waited for the place to quiet. His dogs were on either side of him. Quick as a toad can snatch a bug,he jerked his revolver and fired three times into the ceiling.

"Listen up ya bunch o' neer do wells,drifter,highway men,bronc busters and all ya other no account low life brush poppers." "I need me a set of ropin cuffs,and I need to know where the best place to get em is." "I got a poke o' dust here..but it aint a lot."

" Now I know some of ya knows where I can acquire the afore mentioned goods...so speak up and help a feller out." " I might just pay for the next round of drinks.." Mr. Bottles,sir, a steak each fer mah dawgs and a bottle of snake eye fer me."

"Well,are yall just goin to set there like lumps on a log?" Buck threw a ten dollar gold piece on the bar and went to a corner table in the back of the room,and laid his coachgun,"Ol Thunder", on the table,and uncorked his bottle....

Hawk stood up from the table where he was playing Faro, walked up to the bar, picked up the gold piece and walked to the table where the man and his dogs sat.

"Hombre, I got some basket wave on'em, but dey look a mite short fer ya. Can't post no pics of'em as dis danged mo-hine wil not let me. But I figgure You can have'em, seein' how ya need'em."

Hawk then walked back to the Faro table and sat down.

Buck looked over at the feller who had took Bottle's pay..."Well pard,that's mighty friendly of ya,but I wasn't tryin' to get no cuffs fer free. I's wllin' to pay for em."

Just then Bucks dogs raised up to their feet and looked toward the batwings."Easy pups",says Buck."Let's just relax a bit,we ain't been in town long,and you been on the trail too long." The dogs laid down but both of them kept their eyes on the bat wings.

"Now about them ropin cuffs pard"...the dogs stood back up and this time the hair on their back was up,a low growl starting deep in their chest. Buck laid his hand on Ol Thunder and thumb cocked both hammers.Now he was watching the doors just as intently as the pups.

Just then a gunman came through the doors,the batwings slamming together behind him.He moved to the left of the doors in the corner by the bar. Now everyone was looking to see who came in,but he was a stranger to all of them..except fer one..

He speaks out,"My name is Rags...just Rags..and I'm here to settle a score." "I'm looking for a man,he rides a great black horse and travels with two dogs". "Calls himself Buck".

Buck spoke up. Rags had not seen him in the dark corner. "I'm here Rags, and I know who ya are." "Ahm gonna tell you something,you can just leave here now and let it go." "Killing me ain't gonna bring back yer brother,and he had it coming,you know he was guilty as sin,and not even fit to be called a man."

Rags says,"I can't let it go and you know it." "You killed him,and I'm going to kill you." "You could have never got the bulge on Johnny,I know you had to shoot him from an alley in the dark,you shot him down like a dog."

"Listen" says Buck,"I shot him all right,but he was the one waitin' in the dark in an alley..waitn' to backshoot me,and all over a dance hall girl he didn't even know hardly." "That's how up right he was."

"Now Rags,I'm a tellin you one more time,let it go and forget about it,and you can walk out of here and live,maybe you can make somethin' out of yerself."

"I been after you for a year back shooter,and I ain't forgetting anything," hollered Rags,"You'll be the one dying here tonight,you and your dogs." "Hell you can't even get to yer pistol the way you're sittin' there,and your scared,scared like a woman,and you should be."

"Well",says Buck,"Ah can see that yer as full of hate as your brother was,and thar ain't no sense in tryin' to talk to you." "You want to spill blood and that's the only thing you'll ever want." Buck poured a shot of redeye,and sat back in his chair. He drank his shot in one good swallow,and set the glass over the neck of the bottle.

"Ok" says Buck,"you're so anxious to be killin'" unless you're all talk, "I'm through talkin"

"Let's Dance"....

Rags was fast,he was very fast....but he was also angry and full of hate.The anger worked against him though,and his first shot missed Buck by six inches to the left.With a look of disbelief on his face he thumbed back the hammer on his colt.Buck didn't let him have time to jerk the trigger.

Sitting in his chair with his left hand still resting on Ol Thunder,Buck slapped both the triggers. Fire and smoke belched from the barrels. Rags was picked up by a force that seemed like the hand of God,and was slammed into the corner,where he slid to the floor like a dead snake. The wall behind Rags had been painted with blood and gore,and everyone had no doubt that the undertaker was the only thing Rags needed now.

"Stupid,stupid, kid" says Buck."He could have walked out." "Hell,he didn't even notice I'm left handed."

Buck took the shot glass off the top of the bottle and poured himself another shot. He sat back and nursed this one though,savoring the taste,and thinking of all the other men who had tried to kill him.

"Well pups,ahm still here",says Buck to his dogs. The dogs went to Buck to lick his hands and get their head patted in return. Buck smiled at his dogs.

"Good pups,"he says,"Good pups". The End

P.S. Hawk pm me about the cuffs,color and size please.

If'n it don't work out with 'ol Apache Hawk, git in touch with McShagnasty Sass # 452. He's been makin' leather cuffs, holsters and belts, chaps for 25+ years. He's here in SoCal, but can make and ship what ya need. He does work for SASS fixin' stuff. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Archived