SASS Wire Forum

What to do this Summer?

Griff

I've been really lucky, and get to travel around the great country and have mostly been paid to do it. It's a time consuming job, but someone's got to do it. It means I don't get to shoot much, even when my travels coincide with a shoot. I've been blessed to shoot/visit with clubs from WA to FL and CA to Yankeeland, and a few in between! I know I've posted about a few of those and the fine folks I've met.

This ain't one of those times. BUT! Yesterday I got the chance to visit with and generally bask in the magnificence of, our own Pale Wolf Brunellle! Don;t know what coaxed him outta his hidey-hole in the hills, but he came down and we spent the better part of his day off discussin' SASS, the Wire & swappin' tales; tall and otherwise. He had to drive for miles, and after he left said hills, I found out the little restaurant we were to meet at had to close, PWB had to drive even further, so's we could get our planned breakfast... we could have taken my truck, but i can guarantee that his gets better milage and my parking options are limited to truck stops. Where the usual fare is lousy, have crabby waitresses and crammed with truck drivers!

We took a chance on a place called "the Original Breakfast" in Albany, OR, and I was mightily surprised... good chow and only had to ask for more coffee twicet! We talked about all y'all, and the many things said on the Wire and a few other places as well. We solved ALL of SASS's problems, made a goodly dent in the good 'ol USA's, and were about to tackle the world's most pressing issues... but they kicked us out! I'd list all those solutions, but I've slept in the interim. I'd let the Wolfster tell ya, but, then I'd have to hunt 'im down... 'sides, he'd get it all wrong anyway... seein' as he didn't take any notes either! And we all know how twisted up his answers get here on the Wire! Y'all wouldn't believe a self-professed "gun-runner"! Would YA?

But, seriously, he took me down to his club's range and showed me around! Then, addin' insult to injury, me bein' held hostage and all... took the oppotunity to make me feel really bad... showin' off his hammered Remington double barrel shotgun! Man, cuts a fellar to the quick, when he knows all I got is a crummy ol' Stoeger!

Anyway, PWB, I hoope you enjoy the fine weather I brought with me! I REALLY enjoyed our breakfast conversation, the time outta my truck, annd showin' me the sights!

For the rest of y'all, make the time to visit those clubs in WA & OR, you'll get to see some pretty country, enjoy some great facilities and even better folks! But like I said in the title, do it in the summer, as I'm leavin' today an takin' the sunshine with me! :lol: :lol: :lol: And, if you get to run across PaleWolf, be sure and tell 'im "thanks" for the work and effort he puts into answerin' our stupid questions on the Wire!

PWB, as always, the pleasure was strictly mine. Make sure you give a coupla weeks notice before you come down to Texas... I wanna get my affairs in order a'fore the good folks here'bouts string me up for bringin' the "LAW" down on 'em!

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

No doubt 'bout it, friend... that PWB has some nice toys. You ought to see the fine blades that man's got.

ts

Good to see ya back up in the "Great NorthWET"!

Quite odd how it stopped rainin' throughout the "tour" though. B)

Next time we'll find a local shooting' match & get ya 'gunned up'.

Timing was off just a bit this trip.

I'll be sure to give y'all fair warnin' if/when I get the opportunity to head yer way.

;)

PWB

Griff,

After having spent an evening in your gracious company, I can well imagine the good time that was had by PWB.... but I thought we solved all those same problems at dinner that evening! :unsure:

Hope ta meet up with you again at the next Texas State Wild Bunch match! It was great fun shooting with you.

:D

Miss Cubbie

Griff,

After having spent an evening in your gracious company, I can well imagine the good time that was had by PWB.... but I thought we solved all those same problems at dinner that evening! :unsure:

Hope ta meet up with you again at the next Texas State Wild Bunch match! It was great fun shooting with you.

:D

Miss Cubbie

Aye, but repitition is good a good learnin' tool!

Likewise, Miss Cubbie!

Archived