SASS Wire Forum

It's been a good day!

Krazy Kajun

So I was perusing the GA Outdoor Trader listings and ran across a listing for a 12 gauge MEC 9000 shotgun loader for $250...its only one year old. I met the guy and looked at it and it was very nice so I bought it.

I mentioned to him that I had been looking for a Single Six and he told me that he saw one at a pawn shop about a mile from where we were met. I drove down there and sure enough they had a blued new model Single Six in .22LR...they wanted $249 for it....that's a good price normally. It had a few nicks on the back strap and on the cylinder but the action was pretty good. Turns out the clerk at the pawn shop shoots a lot of single action with his son for sport..not SASS. We jawed a little about the joys of single action shooting and other stuff. In the end he let me have it for $200 out the door.

So a MEC 9000 for $250 and a Single Six for $200......I call that a good day!!

KK, sounds like ya got a pretty good deal there.Weekend is getting closer. HE HE LSC

Hope you and the new missus are getting along ok. Kinda hoped she wouldn't be too 'short' on patience dealing with you. So where was the honeymoon at.....I knowed Bertha wasn't expecting much, I figured maybe you got her a Mason jar of her own and ya'll partied it up all night.

Bama/LSU game is on at 7pm your time this Sat night....gonna be a humdinger. Capt. Bill Burt, a heck of a nice guy but still a misguided rabid Bama fan, and myself have a lunch bet on the game...the lunch to be paid for at the next shoot we have together. One of us is gonna have some good food and some good lies to tell on the other....just hope its me that gets the good end of the bet. When Bama and LSU play you just never know what kind of tricks them coaches will pull out of their bags. Should be a hoot to watch.

Take care of the new Mrs. Bertha......if'n you don't treat her right the midget's local wrasslin union might stop by your place and pop a cap in your knee caps....its as high as they can reach :)

Take care buddy!

Archived