SASS Wire Forum

Navy Arms

klw

Navy Arms never made any firearms. They imported from makers such as Rossi and had the rifles made to the specifications they wanted. The rifles they had Rossi made were of a nice grade with real walnut stocks. I owned a few and I feel bad that they were sold.

Howdy

There is a phone number right on the website. Did you try calling it and see if anybody answered?

I bought my first gun from Navy Arms in 1968, a brass framed 'Navy' 44 caliber revolver. They were still in Ridgefield NJ at the time. I borrowed my Dad's car on my 18th birthday and drove down to the show room to buy my first revolver. Navy has always been known as a great innovator in replica arms, the story of Val Forgett II bringing his first effort, an Uberti made replica of the Colt Navy to market is legendary. Without Forgett and Aldo Uberti and Navy Arms, cowboy shooting as we know it today would probably not exist.

I'm sure if Navy Arms had gone out of business, we would have heard about it.

I know that after Val III inherited the business he changed how they do business. They no longer sell dealer direct and only sell to distributors who then sell to dealers. Val III used to be on the Wire quite a bit but I haven't seen him on here for a very long time.

Navy Arms is still in business. They had a booth at the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh this last April, and they are listed as an exhibitor for the 2012 SHOT show.

They own Old West Scrounger. If you ever need hard to find ammo, try them. Some time ago I got a real good deal on some BP 44-40 from them.

When I made the statement that I felt bad they were sold that was not about NAVY ARMS. That was in reference to the rifles that I had that bore the name NAVY ARMS.

Archived