SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 1858 Remington conversion in .45 Colt........

After a 4 month wait, it finally showed up at our club FFL's house on Friday. I picked it up that afternoon but things were so crazy this weekend I didn't even have time to wipe the grease off of it and give it a good looking-over till a little while ago. It's a good-looking, solid and well-made piece, as is every other Uberti I have. Metal to metal and wood to metal fit and finish are perfect, and it fits perfectly in my slimjim holsters. Gotta wait till next weekend to try it out though.

I am still shooting the Kirst converter Remingtons but do like mine. I think the Uberti made versions are supposed to be much heavier duty and should make good full time main match revolvers. Hope you win much good awards with it.

I am still shooting the Kirst converter Remingtons but do like mine. I think the Uberti made versions are supposed to be much heavier duty and should make good full time main match revolvers. Hope you win much good awards with it.

Shooting my Kirst equipped Uberti's(3) and a Pietta. Love them! Keeping them from wearing as fast by using .45 Specials full of Goex behind 160 grain bullets. Mucho smoke and fire with softer recoil. They are knuckle beaters for me with Warthog loads. I will bet that you will love shooting that pistol.

Archived