SASS Wire Forum

A step back in time

You know the great thing about SASS&CAS is there is someting in this game for almost everyone. If you just like shooting the old style guns it don't get better than this. If you like competition there is plenty of challenge and plenty of challengers. Myself, I really enjoy that step back in time to another era. For me it starts when I step out of my pick-up truck at the range and lay eyes on my cowboy friends all decked out in those great cowboy clothes and wearing those ol timey six shooters. It's being able to hang out with like minded good folks who enjoy putting some lead down range and having a laugh doing it. I enjoy watching the fast shooters go fast it's a real hoot, but most of all I like the ol timey cowboy aspects of the game and I hope we never lose that touch. Oh, I guess these posts are supposed to have a question...well, what do you like best about this game?

I, too, enjoy the "Old West" atmosphere. Cowboys, indians, cavalry, railroad clerks & engineers, smiths, bankers, marshals, ladies, cowgirls, saloon girls & madames ~ there is room for nearly anyone's taste.

We all have the choice ~ we could dress funny, in shorts, kneepads, running shoes and ball caps, and shoot Hollywood guns that never run out of ammo; OR we can come play Old West, and wear hats (or not), make smoke (or not), and laugh and rib with our friends (there is no "or not" for this one).

Shooting competitively, but in a light-hearted atmosphere among friends who will laugh with you over that jacked rifle round or that P.

The minimalists of costuming don't bother me ("Some of my best friends are minimalists"), but they are missing out on a good portion of the fun!

Buena suerte,

eGG

I'm as competitive as they come but I really love tha dressin cowboy and shootin old guns.

One of tha things that mean tha most to me was winning Top overall at the Northeast regional an winning best dressed working cowpoke during tha match. There's a place in thos sport for evabody. Its still tha most fun I've ever had!

RRR

The minimalists of costuming don't bother me ("Some of my best friends are minimalists"), but they are missing out on a good portion of the fun!

Buena suerte,

eGG

I like minimalist.....especially on the ladies! ;)

(actually, I find the ladies fashions of the late 1850s to the early 1900s quite fetching, I just needed to say that before someone else did).

There's a place in thos sport for evabody. Its still tha most fun I've ever had!

RRR

Yep, I love all of it, the dresing up, shooting, and the people. :) The only place I know where the men talk about clothes, and the ladies talk about guns. :D

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Archived