SASS Wire Forum

Winchester '97

Winchester 97, 12 guage, should be a decent project, if you wanted to cut the barrel or shoot it "As Is". It is serial number 928XXX, which should put it as manufactured around 1947, so it is post WWII. It isn't in mint condition, and does have some patina and scars, but it seems to be solid. It has the full length barrel, and I don't think anyone has messed with it.

I have pictures posted on the web at:

Winchester 97

$600 now $500 shipped.

If you have any questions, drop me a line at Lonestar Hoss, or send me a PM.

First "I'll Take It" here.

12 gauge. I know if I hang on to this one much longer, that 28" barrel is going to get shortened, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it. My other 97's have all been cut back to 20" to 22", and I thought I could keep one with what it came from the factory with. I was thinking if someone else needed a 97, and liked the longer barrel, it's there, and if they wanted to cut it down, then they could have it cut to the length they wanted. Everything locks up good, and I don't think it had been out of the closet for a long time before I found it. It's been setting in my safe for a while, and it's time to pass it on, or take it to the range and run it.

Thanks for pointing out my omission.

LH

Archived