SASS Wire Forum

Callahan

Silver Paladin

Has anyone bought, seen, or used one of the new Uberti Callahans. I have only seen a picture of one, but it sure looks like it would be a good option for SASS. Thanks

Doesn't the Callahan models have target sights? I didn't think we could use those in CAS matches. Plus they'd be harder to holster.

It is a nice looking revolver though.

Doesn't the Callahan models have target sights? I didn't think we could use those in CAS matches. Plus they'd be harder to holster.

Uberti's website shows two versions...the target model has an adjustable rear sight w/ramped front sight.

Adjustable sights ARE allowed in many categories. (see SHB pp. 13-16)

Adjustable sights always been legal. First round to go downrange at the very first SASS match is fabled to be a 30 carbine out of a Black Hawk.

Use a pair of BHs meowndangself when the pistol targets are out a ways or smaller than usual.

I stand corrected.

Thanks for the info.

I was looking at the non-adjustable sight model. I am guessing that nobody has any experience with these yet? I may have to look for a pair of these, since they seem to be a little scarce around these parts.

Archived