SASS Wire Forum

Brave...good...people.

Red Logan #12252

Awesome story. As a medic, we hear quite a few like this in training, but that was pretty intense. I will disagree with the doctor though. As John Wayne put it, courage is being scared to death (or $h!tless as the doctor put it), and saddling up anyway. He is a hero in my book.

Doc,

My Dad was a Medic during WW2, Africa, Sicily and Italy.... I have great respect for them. I would not be here if it hadn't been for Navy Corpsmen. You've probably heard this before but the 3 fastest ways to get your butt kicked by every Marine in a building is to bad mouth our Country, our Corp and our Corpsmen.

Heros are real. They take their fear, bury it deep down and do their jobs. I have said fo many years that every time I got a medal, it was for doing one of 2 things. Either I got scared and ran in the wrong direction or I did something extremely stupid and lived to tell about it. very few people really go out in search of getting medals. Those that do are avoided because of the collateral damage they bring down upon others.

Medics and Corpsmen have given their lives defending their wounded. When the cry for Medic or Corpsman up! goes out, they selflessly go forth to help the wounded and take it very personal when they lose a man.

Thank you Doc...

Archived