SASS Wire Forum

Call'n Six Gun Shorty

T-Post Eric, SASS #77428

Six Gun Shorty,

I've read on the Wire that there are differences between action jobs for Colts. I think you said you have had your CAS Colts tuned by Cody Conagher or Bob James; and that Jim Alaimo does good tradional Colt action jobs. Can you expand on this for me please. What would be the difference?

Your advice is always appreciated.

T-Post :FlagAm:

• 2 months later...
Six Gun Shorty,

I've read on the Wire that there are differences between action jobs for Colts. I think you said you have had your CAS Colts tuned by Cody Conagher or Bob James; and that Jim Alaimo does good tradional Colt action jobs. Can you expand on this for me please. What would be the difference?

Your advice is always appreciated.

T-Post :unsure:

Bump...I am interested in this, too.

I ain't Shorty, Didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night and don't know why Shorty didn't answer ........... But .........

The answer to your question isn't black and white, this or that. Those of us that work on Single Action guns all have our own methods to get to a smooth, light action. Doesn't matter whether it's a Colt or one of the copies. What or How much we do depends on the wishes of the customer. Some folks just want the rough spots taken out, some want light and smooth, some want "race."

The gunsmiths you have mentioned all do an action job a little differently. The end result is a SA that is more user friendly.

A "basic" action job addresses the timing, trigger pull and rough spots. About $100.

From "basic," let your fancy and wallet be your guide. It does get expensive.

Coffinmaker

Archived