SASS Wire Forum

Need hotel recommendation

Calgary Kate, SASS #33287

Not sure if we're going to be able to pop over to EOT for a few days or not, but figure if we don't make a hotel reservation now we won't even have the option. Can always cancel later.

Any insight on the hotels in Moriarty?

Calgary Kate-

HOWDY! There's a Holiday Inn Express there, and I think a Days Inn. I'm not sure about the smaller hotels. Go to the Mounted Wire and find something Nuevo Mike and Cinnamon Lucy wrote, send them a PM or an e-mail, they live there and are more familiar with what hotels are there, they might be able to give you a better idea than me.

If you do "pop in" to EOT....you better come by the arena so my family can meet you! :D

This is probably a long shot for us, but who knows. Just trying to keep our options open. If we do make it, we'll make a visit with you a priority!!

Couldn't find the post you mentioned, but I'll keep digging. SASS does have a list of the hotels in the area, but what it doesn't tell you is the quality. I know sometimes Super 8 is super...and sometimes has super-sized roaches. Just trying to get a feel for what clean and convenient.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Moriarty in 2005 and it was fine however it's booked already for 2007. We have reservations at the Super 8 this time. Based upon what a friend told us "it's a little older hotel" but they have stayed there for the past three years now and it's not bad. It's cheap and they still have rooms.

Some other friends stayed on the Moriarty side of Albuequercue(sp?) last year and they enjoyed that area. About as far from the ranch as Moriarty.

I have heard that the Days Inn is fine too. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Stayed at the Super 8 in Morarity the first year of EOT. The place sucked. Room smelled bad, smelled of smoke and maybe puke. We had to ask for new towels each day. Forget about making the bed everyday they didn't do that either. Also not all rooms have a Reefer or Microwave, they move them around based on who asks for them first. My friend Virgil Earp had a confirmed reservation there last year and when he got there they had jumped his confirmed rate by $25.00 a nite. Said he had to pay it or no room.

Wouldn't ever stay there again.

Bojack

Archived