SASS Wire Forum

Original Winchester 1873 32 WCF

Flanigan Flats

Original 1873 Winchester in 32 WCF. Alright bear with me on this one. The condition is just somewhat above relic in my opinion. But...., I got the skeleton of it from my uncle. It was a rusted basket case. The barrel was cut down and the only wood was the stock which was punky and pretty messed up. I took it as a challenge and learning project. It took a few weeks of being submerged in ATF to be able to completely disassemble it. From there I hit E-bay and bought better than I should have original replacement parts to put it back into something near looking like it should. Parts of the original rifle are heavily pitted and obvious. They include the lower and upper receiver, side plates, and butt plate. Only the first three digits of the SN are legible, they place the manufacture date in 1886. The wood, all internals, barrel, magazine assembly, lever, etc. are all original parts procured as stated above from E-bay. The bore in my opinion is very good, Clear distint/sharp rifling throughout. The front sight is a modern sight. I have not shot it and don’t believe it should be shot. The action is stiff and clunky but "kind" of works. Probably a good fireplace mantel piece or parts for a project of your own.  $800 shipped directly to you. The first I'll take it followed by a PM is the lucky buyer. To prevent any hurt feelings in advance I can only ship on Fridays. Work prevents anything else.

.thumbnail_IMG_7866.thumb.jpg.843e6e34b0b4ad84530fe8ac2513d93d.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7856.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7857.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7858.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7859.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7860.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7861.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7862.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7863.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7865.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7867.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7868.jpg