SASS Wire Forum

Tell me again why taxes are necessary?

On 7/23/2022 at 7:42 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

The federal "income tax" isn't necessary, if the government was honest and true. 

If the people had more money, they would spend more money, and some would even save more money. Sales tax revenues would go up, more goods and services would be purchased, more folks would have a job, more business would be established because of demand. The standard of living could really go up, as well. 

A debatable question could be: if we had no federal, or state, income tax, and we could keep all that we make (the gross) from our paychecks, would the sales taxes generated, by a better paid public, and import taxes collected, be enough to offset the money that is acquired by the federal and state income tax?   

It's all about, among other things, control. More affluent people can be more difficult to control, than poorer people.

Seems like, to me, that the government is doing its dang-est to keep me poor. :angry: 

One of the reasons I don't have a newer pickup, or a new clothes dryer, or a better mattress, is I cannot afford one. If I could keep more of my income, I have a strong feeling I would be able to afford to purchase some things that I need, but now have to put off buying, and try to save up for them. 

Of course, I could use a credit card, and make the bankers richer. :wacko:  

Thankfully, I live in a State that does not have a state income tax. The federal income tax is bad enough.

After studying this for many years, I have come to the conclusion that we were betrayed in 1913.  :angry:

Some taxes are "better" (relatively speaking) than others.  

A sales tax, taxes everyone equally, no matter your income level.  

An import tax can keep foreign-made goods, at a competitive level, with American made goods. The importing country pays, or should pay, that tax.

I believe that human beings would spend more money, if they had more money. Make/keep more money, spend more money, and generate more sales tax revenue for the government to waste. I think economics 101 may agree. 

Being poor keeps me from considering an electric vehicle. If I had money, that would also keep me from considering an electric vehicle.  :D

Can you dig it, sleepy joe? I doubt it. 

My Two Bits.

W.K.

https://fairtax.org/

Archived