SASS Wire Forum

SOLD -- THANKS

Good Evening:
Sold my 45-60 and now I’m selling the brass.
This batch was shot with APP, and I put it in soapy water to soak.
Left it a bit too long, and it came out mottled.
I have shot mottled brass before with no ill effects, but there is a thread on page 3 of the wire addressing that very issue:
https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/324563-brass-cleaning/
Garrison Joe posted this explanation on October 28:

Keep that pink colored brass. You are seeing a little bit of copper that dissolved from your brass in the app fouling wash solution and then replated back on the brass. It's a thin film. It does no harm. 

If you can't stand having it there, soak the brass in a dilute solution of warm vinegar in water for 30 seconds, then wipe the copper film off with a green scrubbie pad.

Or for a more aggressive solution, make up grout cleaning solution with sulfamic acid crystals from the hardware store and only soak brass in that for about 10 seconds. Then scrub it and rinse well.  (Sulfamic acid is the active ingredient in Lemishine, but grout cleaner crystals are concentrated and cheaper - no fragrances or other fillers).

good luck, GJ
78 pieces that have been shot a handful of times with Black Powder & APP for my club’s Plainsman sidematch.  I usually load down a bit to save wear-n-tear on out targets.

$130 shipped USPS Priority Mail, fully insured

Paypal, Personal Checks, USPS Money Orders work for me
PM with questions
Thanks for looking
--Dawg

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Archived