SASS Wire Forum

A Combined Force is Needed

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

It is not in numbers, but in unity, that our great strength lies; yet our present numbers are sufficient to repel the force of all the world. ~ Common Sense, Thomas Paine ~

Biden’s army of gun grabbers have yet to implement their plans to completely destroy the Second Amendment but they’ll unquestionably unleash their offensive in the coming year if the Trump legal team can’t prevail in court. We’re seeing assaults by his media, many in Congress, gun control groups and numerous state and federal agencies, so the question a lot of folks ask is, “What can and are we really going to do about it?”

There are multiple actions we can take ranging from simple individual efforts to mass civil disobedience, but my particular concern stems from a past when I was focused on command and control of a military force. Actions taken by multiple focus groups can be successful, but that action must be properly coordinated in combination with other supplementary organizations in order to be effective or the separate groups will oft times end up as road kill. Individual or stand-alone efforts are easily ignored, trampled and disposed of, but a focused, combined force, properly coordinated is very different. The question is how to effectively coordinate that force and focus it on a common objective.

There can be no dispute that combined and coordinated efforts are much superior and infinitely more formidable than disjointed, uncoordinated and sometimes even conflicting efforts. Unfortunately for America however, the anti-gun, or I as refer to them, the anti-constitution crowd, has learned to effectively employ this strategy better than our pro-constitution side. They can, it seems, at a moment’s notice, generate numerous marchers and focus on a single event, speaking with what seems to be, one voice in support of their cause…that “Million Man March,” anti-gun law suits, supporting illegal immigration and an unending plethora of COVID restrictions…you name it, they’re there in focused numbers.

We have the NRA, GOA, NSSF, JPFO, SAF ad infinitum…and upwards of 80 million gun owners on our side that seem to be prosecuting this cultural war somewhat reminiscent of a herd of cats—good hearted creatures, but too often, not really interested in what the other cats might be doing. While I applaud their dedication and intentions, I have to ask, why can’t these groups close ranks and mount a coordinated, strong and effective counter-attack?

I get frustrated at times with our side’s inability to mount an effectively coordinated effort in support of Second Amendment issues that draws on the strength and capabilities of like-minded groups and focuses all that pent up strength and energy on a specific action or goal.

I have in the past, offered some thoughts on a plan that calls for such a combined effort…80 million, 20 million, 5 million…even 2 million speaking with one voice, demanding respect for, and obedience to, the established constitution would scare the hell out of the Washington establishment and could not be ignored by even the most thick-headed politicians! Do I think we can get there over night? No. But we do have the technical means today to establish a combined, highly coordinated and focused campaign very quickly. I have one simple suggestion that we might run up the flagpole.

These pro-constitution groups should put aside parochial, potentially conflicting positions and join forces at the top level. That could clear the way to making full use of a secure network to establish, plan and facilitate a coordinated and combined force effort to fight this cultural war. The word would then go out from this command central to the masses (not via Facebook or Twitter for sure) focusing a coordinated effort as necessary. If it’s as simple as contacting the political establishment, word has to get out so that the means of communication is a coordinated avalanche focused at the right time and at the right people. If its demonstrations throughout the country, we need to generate numbers in massive proportions and provide guidance and instructions on when, where and what will be happening. If it ever comes to peaceful civil disobedience, we definitely need to ensure all are on the same set of orders and participating in a combined and coordinated way so that we not only achieve the intended goal but that we also leave no one or group of individual patriots hanging out to dry alone and spinning in the gun grabber’s wind.

Just the concerned view from my foxhole...

Col. Dan!!  You and I discussed this several years ago!!  I'm with you on this and as a life member of the NRA and a member of both GOA and SAF,  I have repeatedly broached this very subject to all three organizations!!

Perhaps it is time to be more demanding of our leadership in ALL of these groups!! 

Archived