SASS Wire Forum

Non-CAS: 30 Carbine brass for cost of postage

Howdy Pards

Have 50+ pieces of used 30 Carbine brass for $6.00, which is the approx cost of postage for a bubble-wrap envelope.

Have reloaded 30 Carbine for yrs. Recently went thru my brass and culled out those I don’t want to reload again. The Lee full-length sizing die raises a small “ridge” about .3” above the base. With successive sizing the brass can be over stressed. Those of you familiar with the great M1 Carbine know that the brass fired in a generous military chamber and then full-length resized can get stressed. Most if not all of these have been trimmed to 1.29”.

Thot one of you Pards with a Ruger Blackhawk or TC Contender could use this brass.   With light loads and neck sizing I suspect this brass has plenty of good service ahead. 

Did read in a forum of a guy who loaded 2.5 gr of Unique or Bullseye behind a 100 gr cast bullet for his Blackhawk for a light, plinking load. Said the recoil was almost non-existent and the report less than 22 mag.

Would rather this brass get put to use than put in the recycling bin.

If interested, email me , fortrenokid@sbcglobal.net.  For this small amount, plz don’t go to expense of MO.  Your check fine or even send postage stamps.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

Archived