SASS Wire Forum

Uberti Bisley

All right....

For those of us that didn't know, came late, or are just a little bit slow....

The Beretta/Uberti Bisley now has the retractable firing pin feature, and there doesn't seem to be any of the old non-retractable firing pin hammers to be had to replace it, in case you hate the retractable firing pin design.  The Bisley hammers are not the same shape/design as the Cattleman/Old style Colt hammers, as most of you know.  I was informed by an importer that the new Bisley hammers, coming in from back order, will all be the retractable firing pin design. 

Strike One.

Second...the new Bisley's have a one piece grip frame, like the Ruger, and the mainspring is somewhat different, because of that re-design. 

So...if you were thinking of buying a new Beretta/Uberti Bisley, and wanting to put one-piece grips on it...well...think again.  You could do that, with a two piece grip frame, but the new one-piece grip frame, that is similar to the Ruger's, will discourage that idea.  I suppose one could epoxy two halves of a grip, on the one piece grip frame, but if you ever wanted to replace them, it would be sledge hammer and chisel time.  Good luck with that. 

Strike Two.

It was said that Beretta/Uberti changed to a one piece frame to save money, on the manufacturing process (naturally, at the expense of being more authentic to the original design).  If that is true...wouldn't it be the right thing to do to reduce the price of the revolver?  Pass the savings on to the customer. 

I wonder....did they do that?  I flat don't know...perhaps someone out there in Wire Land does.

Strike Three.

Now...it is still not known if Beretta/Uberti has any plans to produce the Cattleman revolvers with a one piece grip frame, like the Ruger.  I have not contacted them to find out, but, going by past performance, here in the last few years....I would not put it past them.  As the old time cowboy once said: "That remains to be saw."

Strike....ummmm....hummm. (Do Italian's play baseball?)

Food for thought.

My Two Bits.

W.K.

Archived