SASS Wire Forum

animals at founders ranch events-all

Pegge Lu SASS# 22577

Invitational app states at bottom: no pets allowed. EOT app does not mention pets. Last year pets were not allowed at EOT, but were there! What is the exact and final status of this "rule?" For example - would my 9 pound shit-zu guard dog be welcome in my camper and camp area on a 6 foot leash? Would my dog be welcome in my vendor space if its feet did not touch the ground between camper and booth, and was in a fenced area in vendor tent? OR, does NO PETS mean no pets at founders ranch??????????????? thanks for clarifying

SASS has an official pet policy for Founder's Ranch. It took effect at EOT last year. I believe it was pretty successful. I had a small part in it, but the Wild Bunch have to do what they feel is best for all. Because the invitational was small last year they were VERY lenient in enforcing it during that event. Actually moved the Campground down by town. I doubt they will be lenient during EOT due to the large number of visitors and shooters. As I understand it,(unless changed) pets must be in CAMPGROUND ONLY, kept inside trailer or crate unless owner is present, then on 6ft. leash. Call headquarters and ask Hipshot if you want an exception for the vendor space. I plan to leave my 15lb. killer in the campground.

They had a "Pet Liability Release" in my shooters packet for last years Founder's Ranch Invitational that was a release of liability similar to what you would sign to shoot. The paperwork indicated that you could have pets in the camping area....so unless something has changed from last year....

I did see some VERY LARGE New Mexico rattle snakes dead on the road to the Ranch last June, so I sure wouldn't want to leave "my boy" outside in a pen.

From what I understand, the pets must be in the camping areas only and then supervised & attended. Don't know about the vendors area. At Smoke in the Valley last year, it was very lenient. Probably more like the Invitational. Camping was down in what was the vendor area for EOT.

Bella loved taking her "nature walks" amongst all the big wild sunflowers. Was like her own little personal forest.

But like Nellie said . . . snakes are an issue. But I know you keep a close eye on Maggie so it shouldn't be an issue. :D

Wish we could go to the Invitational & Smoke this year. We had a great time at SITV last year. Very sad the schedule is conflicting this year. :D

Archived