SASS Wire Forum

Any strange E-mails?

The day after the SPAM attack I received a most peculiar E-mail from a guy named Nik Allonby from Calgary Alberta. Claimed he got my email from SASSNET and is looking for a Marlin 1894C in (357) (JM stamp preferable), No Cowboy name or any affiliation to SASS that I can tell. Such a person does exist on Facebook but again no Cowboy affiliation. Wondering if anyone else received anything similar and its something malicious or just an OK guy searching for an 1894 Rifle?

Opening line of the e-mail is "I apologize for the Intrusion, I found your contact email on SASSNET". That is a usual starter line for spammers!

Hi Colt,

A friend of mine got a spam email a while back that said they got his email here. The spammer must have gotten his email from his being listed as a club contact. Anyone who has not been banned can access the forums. However, they must register to post. He sent me the email and I banned it. I can do that with yours. Then that person will not be able to look here with that email. If they register and get validated as a Member, they can look at your profile. Also, they could have found it if you listed it in the Classifieds.

I thought I was immune to spam after moving. However, lately, I've received a minimal amount.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Allie

Archived