SASS Wire Forum

Two used Cimarron Model P jr 32Mag/32-20 for sale

I have a pair of Cimarron dual cylinder Model P Jr's for sale. Barrels are 3.5 inches. $600 for both shipped to your FFL. Custom gun case included.

now the fine print

I purchased these used some time ago. The timing was off in one revolver (with both cylinders) when I received it. The frame screws are buggered. The seller forgot to mention this little problem and I hadn't asked. I should have shipped them back right away but I did not. I shot the other gun a bit, then put them away and forgot about them for a few years, I finally sent them to a gunsmith. He got them back in working order with the 32 mag cylinders in both guns but the 32/20 cylinder only works in one. That was $150 for his time and parts. In addition, the gunsmith said he could rebuild both guns in like new order for a price that I was not willing to pay.

If you are interested in these guns, I will answer any questions that I can.

W.K.

image_zpsugxfooyp.jpegimage_zps1dxcppls.jpeg

FROM THE GUNSMITH- Ryan Hoover, Hill Country Precision Fredericksburg TX

I have looked at your revolvers. They have had action work done on them and it generally feels good. Unfortunately, I think that is the cause of the timing issues. The custom wire springs make them feel lighter but they don't push up on the bolt hard enough to let it grab the cylinder as it rotates. Also, the cam on the hammer that was polished was ground a bit too short and it lets the bolt drop too soon. The bolt legs aren't open enough, either and that also contributes to the timing being too fast.

I believe that some or most of the internals may need to be replaced; at least the hammer and bolts. My quote of $100/gun was for action work and new springs but did not include any parts. Unfortunately, hammers alone are almost $100.00 each so this could grow into a pretty expensive repair quickly. Right now, I only have an hour in assessing the guns and trying to adjust the spring tension and re-contouring the bolt on one of them.

Archived