SASS Wire Forum

inexpensive cowboy bullet moulds for sale on Lee site

Fort Reno Kid

Howdy Pards

To the moderator: this is not a paid solicitation for Lee Precision. I like their stuff along with so many other outfits too (RCBS, Lyman, Dillon,etc.). Rather I just want to point out to the Pards on this site a source for some inexpensive bullet moulds with cowboy shooting potential.

If you go to the Lee site, under the "Categories" column, click on the link for Closeouts. Three double-cavity moulds are offered that have cowboy potential: (1) DC 378-250-RF (useful for 38-55 and 375 Winchester and, even, for 375 Ruger and H&H Magnum) (2) DC 452-200-RF (excellent bullet for 45 Schofield, 45 Colt, and other 45 pistol calibers) (3) DC 452-228-1R (this is probably designed primarily for 45ACP but, except for location of lube grooves, is almost a dead ringer for the issue bullet for the original 45 Schofield; also works great in 45LC and , side note, works well in my 455 Webley).

Anyway, take a look if interested. For someone getting into casting for cowboy calibers or -- like me who has too many moulds and yet not enough! -- these moulds have potential. Prices? Well, take a look. IMHO they are cheap enough to do the Mike Venturino suggestion of getting two moulds and casting them back and forth in tandem.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid

Archived