SASS Wire Forum

Dillon 650 case loader funnel issue

Stainless steel

After the cases drop into the funnel, I load 38 specials, one out of three times the case hangs up on the lip and does not drop into the loader and I end up with an empty slot on the de-primer station. I have to constantly tap the funnel so it will drop into position. Tried adjusting the funnel, adding dry lube to the funnel base, twisting the loader...all to no avail. Not a huge issue but wondering if others have had this issue and have found a solution. Thanks for your input...

So I understand.

The case makes from the case feeder to the Feeding tube and drops down to the press.

Using the online manual Page 52.

You have the correct plastic part (Part #1) the holds the plastic tube to the metal case feeder and the correct plastic part (Part #5) in the arm.

The Casefeed Arm (Part #6) that swings back and forth delivering the case to the press where it drops down on to the shell is where the case is hanging up?

There is a very small Allen screw (Part #2) to adjust the amount of swing the the Casefeed arm has. It is found on the top back behind the Casefeed arm. This Allen screw needs to move just a very little bit to make the adjustment. Start with the arm not moving back far enough and move until the cases drop with out interference. If you go to far the Casefeed arm may spring complete back and away.

If the case is hanging up after dropping through the plastic Part #5 and not reaching the shell plate then I would look to see if Casefeed Body Bushing (Par #8) is not screwed in tight. If it is not tight there is a gap in between the Casefeed Body Bushing and the Casefeed Arm that the rim will get in to stopping the drop.

Make sure the correct Part #8 is used.

Archived