SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun powder

Dang It Dan 13202

Like many others have used a few in the last 13 years. Clays, solo 1000,American Select, right now Red Dot. They all worked well just depends what you can find. One thing I don't know if you have checked, last year could not find any at the local stores or online, Went to Regional SaSS match that was held at a trap range walked in the clubhouse, it was like a candy store for shotgun primers and powder. Long story short, Have you checked your local trap ranges, surely you have a few within a hr. or so down there.

Black Tom

PS Hope you and Darlin are doing well.

I have been using Titewad for lite loads in sporting clays. My thots on why AA lite is being discontinud is that Win makes more $$ selling the loaded AA lite shells than just the powder and was seeing a decline in sales of loaded shells when they brought out the powder. ????

YEP +1 ON THAT

Like many others have used a few in the last 13 years. Clays, solo 1000,American Select, right now Red Dot. They all worked well just depends what you can find. One thing I don't know if you have checked, last year could not find any at the local stores or online, Went to Regional SaSS match that was held at a trap range walked in the clubhouse, it was like a candy store for shotgun primers and powder. Long story short, Have you checked your local trap ranges, surely you have a few within a hr. or so down there.

Black Tom

PS Hope you and Darlin are doing well.

Yeah I have already done a drive-by at the local skeet range. Yes, they have "some" but want about two prices for it. I am not that desperate just yet. Thanks for asking, yes me and Darlin' are just fine. Hope you and the rest of the Northern crew are doing well.

Hope to see you soon.

Dan

Archived