SASS Wire Forum

Big 5 Sports CAS Guns

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

Back when I started shooting CAS you could get into the sport for a lot less money than today. When I started I picked up a pair of used Vaqueros and a pair of new long guns from Big 5 sports. At that time they carried the Stoeger coach gun and a special Marlin 1894 made just for them (Carbine without Walnut wood). The Marlin and the Stoeger could be had for a bit over $500 for the pair. Wife still has the Marlin as a backup and the Stoeger as a backup. Son shoots the Vaqueros which are like tanks. Today I see that Big 5 is now carrying the Stoeger double again for $379. The model on sale is the 20 inch barrel model instead of the 18 inch coach gun model. Maybe I had just not noticed them recently. Do not know how this price compares, but usually when they advertise them for sale they have em in stock. Would give new shooters another option for a Stoeger without extra shipping and an FFL fee. Who knows, maybe if Marlin gets their act together, they might sell the cheap Marlin again. I am not a fan of Big 5 but who knows???

Archived