SASS Wire Forum

Drive For Veterans

Finagler 6853 Life

I've been away from the fire for some time now. A few may recall me. I'm posting this as a number of you are veterans and may have an interest. The program is called Drive For Veterans. Below is a synopsis of the program.

On October 20th we will begin driving a small convoy of 4 low speed electric vehicles from San Diego California to Savannah Georgia and then down the east coast to The Villages in Florida. It will take approximately 45 days to complete the drive.

The primary purpose of this event is to raise awareness and funds for Foundations formed to assist the men and women of our Country who have sacrificed so much for each of us. Veterans, especially those who suffer disabling injuries, must overcome countless hurdles on their journey from recovery to independence and many simply cannot complete that journey without help. We believe it is our duty to assist these brave Americans.

Columbia ParCar has chosen Fisher House Foundation and Semperfi Fund/America’s Fund as the recipient of the contributions raised during our event. Both of these foundations are given Four Star ratings by Charity Navigator and A Plus ratings from Charity Watch. They are dedicated and focused on helping wounded veterans and their families. We are honored to work with them in support of our Veterans.

Please direct people to our website for more detailed information and they may also use it to make donations. It is: www.driveforveterans.com

NOTE:

Fisher House Foundation is best known for the network of “comfort homes” built on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers nationwide and in Europe. Fisher Houses are beautiful homes, donated to the military and Department of Veterans Affairs. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time – during the hospitalization for a combat injury, illness or disease. Fisher House Foundation ensures that there is no fee to stay in a Fisher House. Since 1990, the foundation has save military, veterans and their families an estimated $200 million in out of pocket costs for lodging and transportation.

The Semper Fi Fund (SFF) provides relief for financial needs that arise during hospitalization and recovery as well as assistance for those with perpetuating needs. There program provides support in a variety of ways including Service Member and Family Support, Specialized & Adaptive Equipment, Adaptive Housing, Adaptive Transportation, Education and Career Transition Assistance. Team Semper Fi and America’s Fund: a self-funded program administered by the Semper Fi Fund assists those service members with catastrophic injuries in intensive care units at our nation’s hospitals, regardless of what military branch they serve in.

Columbia ParCar is proud and honored to work with Fisher House and Semper Fi Fund/America’s Fund in support of our Veterans.

Me again. Columbia ParCar Corp is the business my brother runs. This program has a two fold purpose. Raise awareness and money for veterans programs and to get publicity/awareness for Columbia's electric, low speed vehicles. I'm not soliciting funds for this event. I am looking for those that want to, to help get the word out. They will always take funds but getting the information out so all the associated organizations get lots of exposure would sure be appreciated. Thanks for reading and your patience.

Finagler

• 2 weeks later...

Archived