SASS Wire Forum

Shootn in the Shade

WOW, is it ever hot in HOT Springs. 100+ temp....plenty of sweating in the shade.......but the usual fine match by MVV.

Thought you checked the box for a personal sauna? The humidity is what is killing us right now! A few weeks ago we were wearing jackets because of the cold front that moved in. I think most of us on posse 4 are drenched before we even started the first stage. The stages are set up pretty good, in my opinion, but it is difficult to shoot with sweat running down your face.

Posse One had 7-10 today and I believe it could have been worse in heat/humidity than yesterday. For us BP shooters, still so very little breeze to move smoke. Tater and Bent Barrel Betty were match OA winners (I believe Sunny Girl and Cowpoke were AR state champs as this match was also the AR state championships). Congratulations to all winners......Slick McCade was right on Taters heals for OA.

Great match, but is one that is much in a class of its own with targets back in the trees and shadows plus not up close as many these days. Targets are not generally large, but not small either, just a match one must shoot in the manner they feel confident too. Few clean match awards, but because mvv feels their match a tad more of challenge they have a Dangnabbit, missed one, award, also.........not a whole lot of these either. SITS has some challenging shooting orders on some stages but not particularly what I would call P traps, just thinkers. Again, great match.

Congrats to Bent Barrel Betty for her Overall win. Mighty fine shootin'! She just gets faster & faster!!!

Archived