SASS Wire Forum

The pain of moving

Two Spurs

In the last 39 years I have moved households 13 times and I have one more coming with my retirement. I won't live in Illinois any longer than I absolutely have to.

I can't wait to move again! :-)

We're in that stage of moving where boxes are piled everywhere, and I'm fighting off the urge to just light a match. Supposedly a friend is coming from Montreal and one of our sons from California to help, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Meanwhile, we're selling most of our library, our dining room set and the family china; these last two items, I have no idea how or why we got stuck with them, and no one else in the family wants them. Heirlooms be damned, they're getting sold!

I told my wife, if we ever have enough money to get the heck out of this state. We are only taking my guns, my Harley, and our clothes. Everything else gets sold or goes in a dumpster.

Ain't it amazing how much stuff can gather up? :blink:

Things that sit in a box for years only to be looked at when you pull them down to move and go, "Oh how cool" and then put them back in the box for another 10 years. <_<

I'm getting better at tossing stuff though! :D

Archived