SASS Wire Forum

Sold: Pair of Holsters

This is a pair of holsters that I've had in my leather box for a number of years. I bought them from a maker who advertised on "The Frontier Spot", I don't remember his name... It's been a long time. (I have enough trouble remembering the names of the people I work with every day!) There is no maker's mark on the leather. They were bi-colored and to designed to have an older, well used look. Not a "tenderfoot" look!

I used them about three times before I started shooting loooong barreled revolvers. (Love them 8" blackpowder guns and 7-1/2 barreled Colts!). So, it's time to pass these on.

This is a tough, strong, thick pair of holsters. They are made of Herman Oak and they will NOT flop closed on you when you reholster.

The mouth has a curved, outward flair to guide the gun back home. The holsters have a barrel-forward cant. Trigger guard and part of the top strap will be revealed. Holster back has an outward curve so the pistol grips are easier to get your hand around. They will retain their shape for years.

Pictures can be seen here:

Holster Fronts

Holster Backs

Holster Tops

Holster with Old Model Ruger

Holster with Colt

They will fit Colts or Rugers with barrels up to 5-1/2" They are not lined, but the inside of the holsters are smooth.

65.00 for the pair, includes shipping. (SOLD)

Mr. McCandless, I'm looking for a set of holsters for my son-in-law, he has 5.5 in. pistols. Is that your best price? Thanx, Yosemite Sam

Archived