SASS Wire Forum

WTT M1 Carbine for SASS Gun(s) for my son

I have an original 1944 Inland M1 Carbine in good shootable condition. It has the usual monor bumps and bruises but it functions flawlessly. My son and I have shot it a ton and it is one of our favorites. However, he is now shooting SASS and would like some better guns. He has a Marlin 94 in .357 and a pair of single sixes in .22. He is leaving the Buckaroo class this summer and would like to shoot vaqueros in .357 and would like either a '73 or a '66 also in .357. I am on the hunt around here for these and I will try to find something that suits him. There is a gun shop with a nice pair of Vaqueros in .357 and I was going to try to do a partial trade there for the Carbine but I thought I would try here first. I am willing to use cash to make up the difference if your gun(s) exceed the value of mine.

Good points:

1. Original WWII carbine manufactured in 1944 by the Inland division of General Motors.

2. Functions flawlessly.

3. Extremely accurate.

4. Original earlier m1 stock not the pot bellied m2 stock more commonly found.

5. No import marks.

Bad Points:

1. It looks like someone once had tapped it for a scope and changed their mind. a small hole was made on the side of the receiver which has since been plugged. This is unobtrusive and not easily noticed unless you are looking for it.

2. There is a small chip in the stock right by the tapped point. Perhaps it was relieved to accommodate a screw head. This is minor and cosmetic.

3. Like most, this has pitting the barrel from the WWII vintage corrosive ammo but this does not seem to hamper its accuracy. My son makes pop cans dance at 100 yards all day long!

Here is a Picture.

http://talbotsfineaccessories.com/Guns/M1%20carbine%201944%2051914XX.JPG

what does the stock look like on the other side? Does the wood stay flat across or curve down in the opening on that side? Is there a way to get a view of the drilled hole? I don't have the caliber you want but I do have cash.

Archived