SASS Wire Forum

Cross Country Travel Trailer Camping

Bama Red

Our youngest daughter, her husband and our two granddaughters will be traveling from Knoxville to San Diego to Yosemite Nat'l Park to Estes Park, CO and then back to Knoxville this coming June. Basically what they are interested in knowing is if the KOA campgrounds offer significant advantages for the price over other campgrounds.

On the way out, they will be driving to deliver a church bus to a congregation of a Mexican church just over the border from San Diego. This church is sponsored by our daughter's church. Their personal time will happen on the trip back.They want to spend the majority of their time in the Yosemite park area and the Estes Park area. The church has given Steve two weeks paid leave for the delivery and all travel time, so it will not be a leisurely cross-country ramble. Any info will be appreciated.

I thought I had this in the Saloon (ACS), so I have moved it there as well. Feel free to respond to either thread.

Thanks, Pards!

Easiest way is to get one of the RV books with ratings and pricing in them. They will tell you who keeps up their park, how it was rated when visited, and so on. Some KOA's a great, and some so so. If they join the KOA membership, they can keep the price down. Best thing to do is to call ahead, plan where you are going to stay, look at what each park has to offer, and so on. Hope this helps.

Archived