SASS Wire Forum

Pair of Open tops in 44Special, update SPF

Iron Pony

Back up for sale, pard who was working on getting them had to withdraw.... Going to drop the price to $800 for the pair plus shipping to your FFL.

Uberti 1860 Army RM style conversions, one each from Taylors and Cimarron in 44 SPECIAL with 8” barrels.

These guns started out as 44Colts but have been converted to shoot the longer more commonly available 44Spec. Guns have been tuned with muzzle crowns trued up, actions smoothed out and most importantly the hand springs have been “Rugerized” with a plunger/coil spring through the receiver.

This barrel length/cartridge combo is not a standard item from Uberti, seems they only made the long bbl in 44Colt but the shorter version in 44Spec.

Other than a ding or two on the grips these guns are in damn near new condition and have been shot with BP in only a couple of matches. Loaded with full case of 2F bp in the 44Spec brass and 200 grain Mav D bullet ringing steel is as easy as looking down the top of the barrel. Boxes and paperwork are included.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/smitchell1_photo/1860s/opentop2.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/smitchell1_photo/1860s/opentop1.jpg

Step right up folks, PM if you need anymore info

J Dub, Blue hit it on the head, the "rugerized" hand springs only involve the hand. The frames have been drilled and a plunger/spring assy put in place to sub for the little bugger that has a tendency to break. I've never tried them with CCIs that I can recall, load WW and Feds in all my cowboy loads.

Have a PM from a pard who wants them, if anything happens I'll let you know but it looks like these are SPF.

Sorry for the confusion my end, I have the articles about doing this and plan on doing all of mine but always looking for more R&M's for Sierra Sue a second and a back up.

I've always used CCI's with no problems mostly because they seemed to be less likely to back out on blanks.

Regards

JW

Archived